Imagine how it would feel to:
- be pain free
- be aware of how you carry yourself – to feel strong, alive, upbeat and motivated
- move your body more efficiently, leading to more energy and improved clarity of mind
What would this mean for you and your current lifestyle and future goals?
The human body has evolved over time to become what it is today. Unfortunately, modern society does not reflect the movements our ancestors performed on a daily basis. We are not designed to sit in chairs and stare at our computer, phone, and television screens. We are built to walk, run, climb, swing, throw, and play everyday. When we sacrifice these natural movements patterns in daily life, our posture suffers.
When alignment and posture become compromised, our other body systems cannot perform correctly. This will not only affect our body, but our minds as well. Did you know that – adults spend 70% of their waking hours sedentary through prolonged or excess sitting? The risks of this habitual behaviour, as a result, have lead to an increased prevalence of chronic disease and illness including: cardiovascular disease (high blood pressure, poor circulation), type 2 diabetes, weight gain, back/neck pain, muscle degeneration, osteoporosis and mental health. It is an alarming stat but the good news is we can do something about it.
To change a habit we must first be aware. Awareness is KEY! It is estimated that up to 90% of our daily activities are based on habits. So if we are aware that our sitting or standing posture is out of alignment due to pain or our movement patterns are causing pain then we can make a change to correct it! Building a strong mind-body connection allows you to regain control to address posture and movement dysfunction.
In this course we will cover why posture is important, the basic concepts on proper alignment in both standing and sitting, how to move mindfully and use your body as it was intended, the important pillars of posture, how to release tension and exercises to promote proper posture and alignment.
* Please note this program or advice should not replace you seeing a Doctor for a professional medical opinion.
Provides an overview of the next 4 weeks of your journey to better posture and health. Learn how to be more aware of your body in your daily life and how it may be affecting your productivity and happiness. You will be provided with the tools to begin correcting your posture.
- Relationship between posture and movement
- Why good posture is important
- Effects of prolonged sitting
- Common pain points in sitting and standing
- Introduction to the 4 Pillars of Posture
- Exercises to correct your postural muscles
Improving your mindset and creating daily habits and rituals is vital in forming habits in regaining your physical health. Correcting your posture and increasing movement will have a positive affect on all your body systems, while minimising your risk of chronic pain, chronic disease and injuries.
- The effects of stored emotions and stress
- Improve your daily exercise habits
- Myofascial release techniques
- Exercises to correct your postural muscles
Learn how to maintain the integrity of your core muscles and all of the surrounding structures to move more efficiently. Apply these principles into your activities of daily living and exercise regime to move optimally.
- Benefits of core stability and strength
- Core muscles and their purpose
- How to incorporate your exercises at work
- Home exercises for strengthening your postural muscles
Apply all of the skills you have developed over the duration of the course to progress your current exercise program. We look at the benefits of exercise for chronic disease and illness prevention and management with the introduction of the physical activity recommendations for adults. We discuss the different types of exercise, duration, intensity and frequency that is vital in creating a more productive, energetic and happier you.
- Introduction to exercise recommendations for adults
- Exercise Progressions
- Upper & Lower Body Progressions
Once your core structures are strong, you will be introduced to an all body strength and conditioning exercises program that you can do in the comfort of your own home. This week will step you through each exercise and give you the confidence to begin you journey to continued and regular exercise from here forward.
- Body Weight Exercises
- Weighted Resistance Exercises
- All body strengthening program
Stress plays a major part body aches and pains. Managing your stress is paramount in healing your back pain and allowing you to gain your health and quality of life back. You will learn stress management techniques that you can use in your daily life.
- Benefits of Meditation
- Physical Benefits
- Psychological Benefits